International Trade Regulation
Master’s Programme in English “International Trade Regulation” is an unprecedented project in Eastern Europe. It is designed with due regard to experience of the leading European law schools, which prepare experts in International Trade.
The courses will be given by cutting-edge professors, public officials and visiting lecturers who are well-known practitioners in international trade. The experts will share their rich experience in international trade law, settlement of trade and investment disputes and arbitration, in the negotiation process regarding the free trade area with the EU and, inter alia, participation in anti-dumping and safeguard investigations.
International Trade Regulation Master’s Programme is intended to prepare an outstanding and proficient expert in international trade law. Its graduates will be able to represent efficiently clients’ interests before the governmental institutions; they will also be able to maintain a strong state’s position in international trade matters.
Graduates of the International Trade Regulation Master’s Programme will have enough knowledge and skills to run for positions at leading law firms, at public authorities related to international trade, at legal departments of large public and private companies engaged in export and import as well as at their associations.
- LL.B (Bachelor of Law/ Bachelor of International Law/Bachelor of International Economics/ Bachelor of Legal Science(including general courses on public international law and private international law).
- Good working command of English
Degree on Graduation:
LL.M in International Law (with special training in International Trade Law).
Duration of the Programme:
3 semesters (1,5 years)
Language of the Programme:
Number of ECTS Credits:
- Two semesters of academic studies:
- One semester for writing Master’s thesis and internship
Bloc 1. Economic Aspects of International Trade
- Political Economy of International Trade (First Semester)
- Competition in World Markets (Second Semester)
Bloc 2. Legal Aspects of International Trade
- International Trade Law (First Semester)
- Competition Law and International Trade (Second Semester)
- EU Economic Law (First Semester)
- International Trade and Intellectual Property Law (Second Semester)
- International Energy Law (Second Semester)
- International Financial Law (First Semester)
Bloc 3. Highly Specialized Courses
- Trade Remedies (Second Semester)
- Regulation of International Trade in Services (Second Semester)
- Regulation of International Trade in Agricultural Products (First Semester)
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures and Technical Barriers to Trade (First Semester)
Bloc 4. Dispute Settlement and Arbitration
- Settlement of Investment Disputes (First Semester)
- Dispute Settlement in World Trade Organization (Second Semester)
- International Commercial Arbitration (First Semester)
Bloc 5. Key Insights of Legal Profession
- Legal Profession and Legal Practice (Second Semester)
- Legal Writing (Third Semester)
- Methodology of International Legal Research (Second Semester)
- MOOT Court (Second Semester)
Bloc 6: Language Studies (throughout the Programme)
- English language – for Ukrainian students
- Ukrainian Language – for foreign students
- Translation and Interpreting Practicum – for Ukrainian students (Third Semester)
Bloc 7. Safety Courses (for Ukrainian students only)
- Specialized Labour Safety (Third Semester)
- Civil Protection (Third Semester)