About the Department
About the Department
On June, 1, 1993 the department “International Information” was founded at the Institute of International Relations Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. The founder of the department was Professor, Candidate of technical sciences Valeriy Gondyul.
The objective is to provide training of professionals in international relations for analytical units and departments for communication in international, governmental, commercial and non-governmental organizations of independent Ukraine.
Today Professor Gondyul’s idea remained topical and became even more in demand.
The profound knowledge of international relations and two foreign languages, advanced knowledge of modern communication technologies, combined with tools for information and analytical work and the skills of using information technologies increase the competitiveness of graduates and create wide opportunities for employment in the country and abroad.
Since 2015, the training of professionals in the field of information and communication has been carried out within the specialty "International relations, public communications and regional studies".
Telegram specialty bot: https://t.me/MizhkoBot
The training of professionals in the field of information and communication is provided by academic staff of two chairs:
- Chair of International Information (headed by Prof. Mykola Ryzhkov);
- Chair of International Media Communication and Communication Technologies (headed by Associate Professor Sergiy Danylenko).
Academic staff of the Chairs developed new educational programs for bachelors and masters, taking into account current trends in the development of the country and international relations, as well as the needs of the labor market.
The Department proposes 1 Bachelor’s program and 4 Master’s programs. The students begin their studies within 4-year Bachelor’s program “International Communication”. Then they may choose one of Master programs:
- 2-year Master Program “International Communication”,
- 1,5-year Master Program “International Information”,
- 1,5-year Master Program “International Journalism”,
- 1,5-year English Language Master Program “International Communication and Global Media”.
The graduates have a variety of career options and may hold positions in international organizations, government agencies, PR companies, mass media and information agencies, NGOs, other public and private organizations.
The acquired knowledge and skills allow them to apply for the following positions:
- communications manager/officer,
- PR manager,
- strategic communication consultant,
- public affairs specialist,
- brand manager/advisor,
- expert in social and political issues (political strategist),
- press secretary/ head of the press service of foreign policy departments,
- content manager,
- journalist/news reporter,
- attaché, diplomatic agent,
- interpreter, etc.
+38044 481-44-60 (Chair of International Information)
+38044 481-44-21 (Chair of International Media Communication)