The training of the IR students is historically the oldest educational program at the Institute: it has been started with the establishment of the Department of International Relations at the University in 1944. Withits presence in the international arena augmenting, Ukraine needed IR professionals as it became the founder state of the United Nations andentertained consular relations with several foreign states. Initially the department was chaired by dr.sc.,prof. O.Kasymenko, Director of the Institute of History of the Ukrainian SSR Academy of Sciences. In the first years of its existence, the department was also headed by reputed scholars and professional diplomats: V.A.Zhebokrytsky, M.K.Korostarenko, В.А. Tarasenko.
Since the early 1970s, the training of specialists in the field of international relations has been already provided by two departments of the University. In 1992, the Department of International Relations was established within the Institute of International Relations.
Currently, the training of students in the field of knowledge the "International Relations" is provided by two departments:
Students receive training in several educational programs:
- "International relations with compulsory study of two foreign languages"
- "International relations" (educational and scientific program, term of study - 2 years)
- “Foreign policy and national security” (1.5 years)
- “Diplomacy and international cooperation” (1.5 years)
- "Environmental and energy security in international relations" (1.5 years, language of instruction - English)
- "Foreign Policy" (2 years, part-time)
Phone +380 (44) 481-45-57
mail to: email@example.com