In the modern conditions of rapid development of information society, accumulation of knowledge, branching and development of various directions of scientific activity, the successful integration into global educational and research space has become one of the defining characteristics that demonstrate the success of the university.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv and Institute of International Relations as its component are the undisputed leaders in the implementation of international cooperation. International connections of our Institute with foreign partners are developing on the basis of 150 partnership agreements of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, as well as on the basis of bilateral cooperation agreements between the IIR and leading foreign universities and research centers.
The principal issue for our Institute is not only formal existence, but de facto implementation of cooperation programs with partners. The main areas of international cooperation in the Institute are:
- ensuring academic mobility programs for researchers, faculty and student with partner universities, which corresponds to European and international practice of scientific and educational activities, and attaches the Institute to the benefits of the Bologna Process;
- implementing Joint Diploma programs, allowing foreign and domestic students to deepen intercultural communication and enrich their experience with that of scientific schools of different countries;
- attracting and enrolling foreign students;
- inviting scholars and teachers from other countries to give lectures and conduct joint research;
- bilateral and multilateral partnerships, participation in international programs supported by international governmental and non-governmental organizations;
- participation in international projects (collaborative scientific conferences, symposia, “round tables”, exchange of scientific literature, work in international associations and unions);
- cooperation with the diplomatic representatives of foreign states in Ukraine in matters of joint organization of events, exchange of materials and information policy regarding educational services in Ukraine and abroad;
- coordination and assistance in business trips abroad (in conjunction with the International Cooperation Department of Kyiv National University).
It has become a good tradition to organize lectures and meetings of the students with outstanding specialists on international relations, politicians, economists, lawyers, and statesmen known both in Ukraine and abroad during their official visit to our country.
Institute permanently involves leading foreign experts for consultation, conducts lectures and meetings of students with experts and government officials in Ukraine and worldwide. Our students and professors regularly and routinely participate in international events in Ukraine and abroad.
Choosing Institute of International Relations for studying or academic cooperation, you will deal with one of the most respected universities in Ukraine, which will be your alma mater and reliable partner.
We offer you the official presentation of the Institute of International Relations