Students of "International economic relations", "International business" and other specialties of the University are invited to take part in a special two-week English-language course “International Trade: Theory and Applications”
Students of "International economic relations", "International business" and other specialties of the University are invited to take part in a special two-week English-language course “International Trade: Theory and Applications”, launched by the Institute of International Relations in cooperation with the University of Erlangen-Nurnberg (Germany) within the Erasmus program +.
Lecturer – PhD Kateryna Khorkhordina (University of Erlangen-Nuremberg).
This module aims for students to acquire appropriate skills to critically reflect on and analyse issues of international trade. The focus is both on theoretical and policy-oriented knowledge.
- Students learn about various theoretical models of international trade, critically analyse differences between them and assess impacts on various factors
• Students reflect on how these models apply to current trade relate issues globally and within specific country contexts.
• Students learn about different trade policy instruments and critically assess their impacts on national and firm level economic performance.
• Students analyse how political economy factors affect trade dynamics and reflect on current controversies around international trade.
- Students learn to calculate the gains and losses from international trade.
- Students develop theoretical models to account for different drivers of trade and capture socio-economic impacts.
- Students analyse qualitatively (short case studies) and quantitatively the drivers and impacts of trade.
At the end of the course the students who successfully passed the exam receive a Certificate from the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv and the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.
Duration of the course: 12 lectures
March 25 - March 28 - 9.30-12.30
April 2 - April 5 - 12.40-14.00
Registration is open until March 20, 2019 at the link - https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/1FAIpQLSdSS-VxpG-6-4Sq_ VfAO2XbovDnC7aohB8dugEaqsr8kkG 5WA/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1
Program Coordinator – Assoc. Prof. Khvatov Yuriy Yuryevich, email@example.com
For additional information, please contact the Group for International Ties of the Institute - Imv_it@ukr.net