IIR Academic Board
In accordance with the Charter of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv the Academic Council of the Institute is operating in order to address the issues of educational and scientific activities of this structural unit.
The Academic Council of the Institute includes the director, his deputies, scientific secretary, the heads of the departments, the chairman of the trade union bureau, the heads of the student councils, as well as representatives elected by self-government authorities of the Institute proposed by the units in which they work (one representative from each structural unit, from among the academic and educational workers and other employees). At the same time, academic and pedagogical workers should amount not less than seventy-five percent of the total composition of the Academic Council.
Agenda of the Academic Council meetings is organized by the director taking into account propositions submitted by the chairs and departments, as well as majority of the Council members.
Personal membership of the Academic Council is approved by the director for a term of 5 years.
Resolutions of the Academic Council take effect by the directions of the director.
The Academic Council of the Institute:
· determines strategy and perspective directions of the educational, scientific and innovation activities of the Institute;
· defines the system and approves procedures of internal quality support of higher education;
· considers the curricula of the specialties, areas of training and retraining;
· defines the research topics and discusses reports on their implementation;
· approves the themes of doctoral theses, assesses doctoral students;
· examines the issues of appointment of the heads of departments, professors and researchers;
· considers the teaching methods, organizational matters of educational work;
· hears the annual report of the Director, reports of the heads of departments and other persons’ records in accordance with the Regulations of the Institute;
· elects by secret ballot assistants, lecturers, senior lecturers, associate professors;
· adopts training programs and curricula;- resolves other issues in accordance with its mandate.