International Economic Relations
The training of specialists in the speciality "International Economic Relations" at the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv has been carried out since 1972.
The main purpose of training in the field of international economic relations is to provide students with fundamental knowledge of the theory and practice of world economy, international trade in goods and services, international capital movements, labour and intellectual property, and international finance. At the same time, students receive professional knowledge of two foreign languages (the first is English, and the second is either German, French, Spanish, Arabic or Chinese).
Bachelor graduates receive:
- educational qualification: Bachelor of International Economic Relations;
- professional qualification: Specialist in International Economic Relations; Translation Specialist.
Master graduates receive:
- educational qualification: Master of International Economic Relations;
- professional qualification: Economist (International Relations); Translator
Training of specialists in the Department of international economic relations is carried out within the framework of the following educational programs:
The practice of students majoring in "International Economic Relations":
For students to acquire primary practical skills, the curriculum provides for the following types of practice:
- Industrial practice (EL "Bachelor"), according to the new plan 3rd year, 2nd semester (ECTS)
- Industrial practice (undergraduate) (EL "Bachelor") 4th year, 2nd semester (3 ECTS)
- Industrial (pre-diploma) practice (EL "Master") 1st year 2nd semester (6 ECTS)
Bases of practice are the Office of the President of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the National Bank of Ukraine, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine, the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine, the Embassy and Consulate of Ukraine, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Taras Shevchenko the National University of Kyiv (Educational and Scientific Institute of International Relations), international organizations, national and foreign business structures, public organizations, etc.
Employment of graduates:
Graduates can hold primary positions: economist, an economist in international trade, an economist in planning, an economist in finance, credit analyst, an economist in taxes and fees, an economist in accounting and business analysis, an economist in pricing, econometrist, commodity market research analyst, contract and claims economist, economic consultant, economic observer, member of the executive body of the joint-stock company, member of the board of the joint-stock company, member of the audit commission, member of the supervisory board, junior researcher, lecturer (assistant) of a higher educational institution, economic adviser, attaché, diplomatic agent, translator from a foreign language.
Our graduates work:
- in executive positions in state bodies and institutions of Ukraine and 90 other countries of the world;
- in transnational corporations, joint ventures and enterprises with foreign capital;
- in international economic intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations;
- in business structures of all fields of the economy of Ukraine and foreign countries;
- in higher educational institutions, academic institutions of Ukraine and foreign countries.
The scientific and pedagogical potential of the educational process:
The main educational process in the speciality is provided by two departments – the department of World Economy and International Economic Relations (graduating) (Head of this Department and the Department of Jean Monnet Doctor of Economic Sciences, Full Professor O. SHNYRKOV) and International Finance (Head of the Department, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Full Professor O. Rohach).