In today’s globalised world, the successful development of every country hinges upon the system of international relations that manifests itself in many ways - historically, economically, legally, in IT etc. To function efficiently, every nation is supposed to do research and train professionals in the field of international relations.
When Ukraine got independence, by the Presidential Decree of 30 May 1995, the Institute of International Relations was designated the umbrella organisation for graduate training of professionals in the field of international relations and foreign policy of Ukraine.”
The Institute today is the flagship educational institution in Ukraine offering training in international relations, international law, international economic relations, international business, international communications and international regional studies. It combines scientific research with cutting-edge innovative educational technologies and the unique teaching expertise of our highly professional teaching staff to satisfy students’ thirst for knowledge.
The ESIIR’s mission is to promote Ukraine’s development and substantial footprint in the international arena through training efficient professionals able to work both nationally and internationally.
ESIIR Purposes and Priorities
The main purpose is to ensure the highest educational standards in Ukraine in internal development and international relations.
- the creation of an innovative intellectual environment for the formation of a highly developed personality, possessing deep fundamental knowledge and applied skills in accordance with the directions of training of specialists of ESIIR
- development of scientific research by professors and teaching staff in cooperation with gifted students in the specified field
- innovative educational technologies with an emphasis on applied aspects in the training of specialists - updating training courses in accordance with world practice and global challenges, creating English-language master's programs, conducting open lectures and practical master classes by leading world-class specialists in the field of international relations, introducing modern information technologies
- active international cooperation - providing teachers and students with the best opportunities for exchange of experience, study and internships abroad, and communication with famous personalities who have recognized world authorities in the field of international relations
- creation of conditions for professional self-realization and career growth of graduates of the Institute, and support of permanent relations with Ukrainian employers and foreign partners.